Wednesday, February 1, 2017

sketchy boards February

Hello and welcome to February!
My Blog has been a bit neglected lately, I don't think I'm quite back into the swing  of things  yet since having a break at Christmas. I've been busy in the garden instead.....Trying to create my own tropical paradise around the pool ......lots of shoveling dirt and mulch. Its looking good. 

Any way on to my project for "Sketchy Boards" challenge
I had fun with the sketch and gorgeous colour inspiration.

No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: cloud, sky, ocean, outdoor, water and nature

My Page



As I was looking for photos to use with the sketch I came across the index prints of our day in Santa Cruz....then I had this idea! The background paper from Kaiser was  perfect ! I just added some splashes of paint, a sprinkle of sequins, some stitched clouds and a flare button. I die cut the title with my cricut and Base camp cartridge.
I'm creating a pocket page album for the trip......with a few 12 x 12 title pages. 


I'm planning on finishing the album this year.....I just take so many photos! Its taking me forever!!!!!

Hope you can join the challenge

Happy Crafting

Tracey x

8 comments:

  1. That looks brilliant! I really like the combo of a 12x12 in with your PL....AND using those little prints is a totally inspired idea!!! And good on you with the gardening..... too hot here - the plants are dying. So sad....we keep getting hit with waves of heat. 42C the other day. Least it's cooler atm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey! Don't feel bad about not getting into the swing of scrapping, it has been so hot up this way I can barely get anything done.. And there does not seem to be any rain on the way for a while either... Love your take on the sketchy boards challenge a fabulous way to use those little index photos.. Well I hope you enjoy your gardening, I would need to hose myself if I were out in the garden! Hehe! Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is stunning, Tracey!! How creative to use the index photos!! They look amazing!! I love the beautiful background paper, too!! Both pages are spectacular!! I love them my friend!! I hope you post pics of your pool when you finish with the tropical touches!! Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Tracey! I haven't found my groove yet,either! Working too much these days. I love the look of combining a 12x12 page with a pocket page. This is how I tackled my trip from last year. I get the taking a lot of photos piece! And I want to see your tropical paradise. We're still buried in snow with cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Fantastic Layout Tracey! LOVE the idea with the index photo's - Fabulous!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow and more wow! This is very cool... LOVE how you used those tiny index prints!! And of course beautiful as always..the clouds are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou 4 making my day and leaving a comment